Tuesday 28 February 2017

February Favourites

It's been mostly a dull grey month and not many photo opportunities, although I should upload a couple of photos of a tree that came down in the storm last week...I think the lack of colour in the weather has had me adding more than normal to my cards, looking at the selection I have made.

Anyway, here are my favourites from February. I know the poinsettia one is made for Christmas and I don't normally add Christmas cards, but...






When I went to the local € store near work, I wasn't expecting to find a simple white frame as perfect as this one, I was expecting to have to do some altering. The clean white was perfect for framing the sentiment and adding the paper shells on a washed background.



And given that I have absolutely nothing Alice-related on hand, I was very pleased with how this card turned out after my initial "where on earth do I start" reaction. I started, in fact, by downloading a wonderful set of Photoshop brushes, but it was so hard to preview each one that I gave up and resorted to simply downloading a couple of the images (since they are royalty free) and printing a quote. I thought the pop-up book format suited the theme well, and I had just received the vintage playing cards and time-piece collage sheets from Art Neko, who are now also handling the B-Muse.com site.




1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I don't know where to start. Your backgrounds are so beautiful and what you've done with them is just stunning. Wow!