Tuesday 12 July 2016

Snails


You may have noticed an addition in the side-bar of my blog since I got home. I was honoured to be invited to join the Art Neko design team, so for the next few months you will be seeing a weekly card posting as well as my regular miscellany of stuff.

Well, today the postman delivered everything that had been on hold during our holidays, including my first Art Neko stamps. I'd been holding on to this piece of Tyvek because I thought the colours in it would make a good background for the Silly Snail.
I coloured and heated the Tyvek about a month ago, but I am pretty sure that this piece was just coloured with regular watercolours and left to dry.
Today I added some silver chain-stitching for the snail's trail, and some flowers punched from a reject scrap and stitched on with a sequin in the centre of each.
The snail was stamped with Memento Chocolate Brown, coloured with pencils and then I glazed his shell with Diamond Glaze.
A sentiment from the Whimsical and Kind Sayings set was stamped on kraft with the same brown ink, and highlighted with some sparkle - and a few simple score lines finished the base off.

Art Neko, Silly Snail, Art Neko Stamps



I'll be along shortly with photos from France as I get time to go through them, cull the excess and edit some of the good ones. But for a start - here are some more snails.




4 comments:

Holly said...

This is so cool, Sabrina! I love your mixed media card with this background piece of Tyvek. I love how it is crinkled and warped. It looks fabulous with the snail and the flowers and that adorable sentiment! Welcome to the Art Neko Design Team!! :-)

Lorraine said...

That silver stitching is just perfect! What a great thought. I love these background pieces with the Tyvek and you've colored that snail beautifully. The diamond glaze really dresses it up. Those sequins are pretty cool too. Congrats on the new "team". Your snail photos are really fun. I love the snails on the stalks and that rout of them on the hydrant is quite a capture. (Yes, I did look that up, I can't claim to knowing a group of snails is a rout!)

Anne Fitzsimons Ryan said...

Sabrina, I am overwhelmed with your creativity. Even though the snail is a wee bit tiny, he almost steals the show. Love what you did with your tyvek.

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Beautiful card, love the texture & great snail :)