Sunday 1 March 2015

Favourite February Cards








When we are out and about, I can often spot what triggers C to sing a particular song - often something on an advertising hoarding is enough to act as a subconscious prompt to him. These Danish pastries were the result of a poster ad on a bus prompting me. I'm afraid I can't even remember the working - it includes Best, Danish and Carlsberg. Far from making me want to go out and buy Carlsberg, it made me hanker after a good Danish pastry - and the easiest answer to that was to make my own.  The pinwheels are maple and pecan, the swirls are raisin and spice.



This month's blog header is a pair of cormorants in breeding plumage, taken last year at Heuston Station.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

How I wish I could stop by for a cup of tea and one of those certainly delicious Danish pastries! Your cards are beautiful - all of them and the header, well, you find the most interesting birds to pose for you.

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Beautiful cards, a lovely pop of spring colours! Lovely to hear from you, I miss the forum chat a bit but have been following your lovely creations on your blog :)