Wednesday 24 April 2013

Don't Bug Me

It's getting warmer, it most definitely is. Last time C visited his parents they'd been sitting in the sun at the end of their garden, and yesterday he did the same.
After he came in he felt something in his hair, and when he put his hand up to feel it, this Hawthorn Shield Bug (I think) hopped off and landed on the floor. Luckily (because I had something under the grill and couldn't spare much time) the macro lens was on the camera, so I took a couple of quick shots after bringing it outside.



We haven't had any long-tailed tits for a week now. I miss them, scruffy little things that they are, but I hope it's a good sign that they're now finding plenty of insects in the wild. Certainly I've seen bumblebees and even butterflies flying around. We still have a bunch of redpolls and goldfinches, thoough.

A redpoll, and two long-tailed tits from last week.




Hot news - I think there are little robins in the hedgerow. I hear the cheeping, and I see an adult flying back with food in its mouth. Maybe that inept male robin wasn't totally ineffective in his courtship. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for some baby robins!




1 comment:

Lorraine said...

That's a pretty handsome bug. I'm glad you got a close up to see all those dots and the variations in colors. Hurray for Mr. Robin. Mrs. must have seen something in his eyes!