Saturday 28 April 2012

Birds of Prey

I took more photos last Saturday than I'd like to admit to, and not enough of the descriptive boards saying what each bird was. But here are some of the raptors, most of which I can put a name to.

My favourite of all was the little American kestrel - weighing only 4 ounces and half the size of our own European one.





Irish kestrel




Various hawks





Golden Eagle




When C went last year, this was one of the birds that they had out , and some of the Harley riders posed with it. This photo gives a good idea of the size of it. I thought I had a better photo which somebody else had taken - all C had with him was a little point and shoot - but if I do, I can't find it.


I'll be back with some owls...

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I know from personal experience that it's hard to stop clicking away when you have such wonderful subject matter. How beautiful. I shared with my DH and he and I agree. Can't wait to see the owls.