Saturday 17 March 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day

In a break from my usual photo of St. Patrick's Tower on Thomas Street I snapped a few photos the other day, but more computer problems meant I didn't get to schedule this post.




Saints, hermits, whatever...this morning I made Hermits for our morning coffee. I normally make the bar cookie version for convenience, but I didn't want that large an amount, so this time round I made the drop cookies.

Hermits - makes 30

1/2 cup  butter beaten till soft.
Beat in 1 cup soft brown sugar and beat till light.
Add 1 egg and 1/2 cup sour milk.
Sift and add 1 1/3 cups flour with 3/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cloves, 1/4 tsp soda.
Stir in 1/2 cup chopped raisins, 1/4 cup chopped nuts and (optional) 1/4 cup desiccated coconut.
Drop onto prepared trays and cook for 12-15 minutes at 375F, 160C.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too! I've been thinking of you all day and hoping all is well and you are enjoying this weekend. Those Hermits sound delicious! I'm going to put that recipe in my file for next year for sure.