Thursday 2 February 2012

Hot off the Needles

Very hot! V's birthday is tomorrow, and because the only flower pots I had were 1 1/2" bigger than the pattern (from one of Jean Greenhowe's booklets), I had to scale everything up. Scaling up the little cactus was easy, and goodness, and smaller and it would have been even more fiddly to turn the arms inside out and stuff them. But I miscalculated on the pot cover and had to go back and start it again without much time to spare. I also wasn't sure that several straws, even nested inside each other, would be strong enough for the stick, so I used an old, blunt, wooden knitting needle trimmed to size.







I'd hoped to have edited some photos from the park and Farmleigh this morning, but the day just disappeared. Instead, here are a couple of my favourite cards from January.






4 comments:

Sabriel said...

great cactus! I love those Jean Greenhowe patterns. I also love your cards, specially the knitting one, I must try one of those, but not sure what to use to knit on. And I love the music one, of course, it's a beautiful quote and a beautiful flower - did you curl the petals as you made it?

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

The cactus is really cute & the cards are fabulous. The jumper card is so creative but my primary school knitting wouldn't be up to the task. How did you make the tree rings? They look perfect with the Koala :)

Lorraine said...

I'd say that's quite a cute little cactus and a sweet gift! Those patterns are adorable. Wish I knitted - they look fun. I'd have a hard time choosing a favorite card from your favorites, they're all wonderful.

Elisa said...

I've never seen anything like the cactus, it made me smile bit time. I think it is the idea of a prickly cactus done in soft wool.

Love your cards as always, my favourite is the jumper with the skating bunny as a close second.