Tuesday 12 July 2011

A few birds...

C had an extra birthday present last week. I was working up here and heard what I was pretty sure were long-tailed tits, so I went down to see if I could see any. I saw two in the trees, but then had to come in to make dinner. As he stood and watched he saw four of them in the mahonia - he was so pleased.
He'd been talking about seeing a wren - I was never 100% sure that it wasn't a young dunnock, but look here - I'm pretty sure this is a little wren. Had to take the picture through the spare bedroom window - lucky I cleaned it recently.



This is definitely a dunnock - young and mother. The juvenile is still getting fed a bit, although he's well able to forage for himself.


Mrs. Robin in pensive mood...


Baby blue!


3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Sabrina, you have such a great variety of birds it seems. And you're able to get such close up shots. It amazes me and delights me!

Sabriel said...

that's definitely a wren!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Your bird photos are FABULOUS, Sabrina! I love birds. I have a hummingbird feeder right outside my stamp room window. They are some of my favorite birds to watch.