Saturday 8 January 2011

Quick snaps

B is for Burglar,
C is for Crescent.
I've been wondering why the feeder has been going down so quickly recently. I think now that this starling and his mates have something to do with it. I've seen pigeons on the patio, too, but I don't think they could possibly land on the feeder, they must just be scavenging from what falls to the ground. I'd prefer it if the starlings didn't come, because they eat so much - but in this cold weather I am sure they need all the energy they can get. I'll just have to take a trip and get more seed some time this week. And I do enjoy listening to them chattering away amongst themselves. C said he saw a redwing when he was taking the tree out to the collection point - again no surprise with the cold weather.
I was trying to grab a coal-tit photo for the C challenge, but he flew off before I got a decent one. I did see the moon later on; I'd noticed how much of a crescent it was when we were out on Thursday night.


1 comment:

Lorraine said...

That starling looks like his feathers have been frosted. We've had an abundance of birds at our feeders too. If only the squirrels would stay away. I can't seem to get a good picture of the moon even with a tripod. What's the secret?