Monday 10 May 2010

Pigeon Holes

Now you see me...
                                         ...now you don't.

Wouldn't you just know it. I knew I'd be walking in to town after work, so I stuck the wide-angle lens on the camera to try to take a photo of something I spotted a while back. But while I was walking down along the river in the morning, I saw some movement along the river wall out of the corner of my eye. I took a closer look, and it was a pigeon in one of the storm drains. By the time I had my camera out of my backpack, he'd disappeared back into the drain, but then he popped out again, just like a cuckoo clock! He can't be nesting in there, I often see water coming out after a heavy rain, so it must just have been a peaceful refuge! And I really wished I'd had a zoom lens. But then, the picture showing the whole wall is fun with all the texture and  growth, and I was able to crop in to show the pigeon and his - pigeon hole.



No comments: