Monday 25 May 2009

Motion and Stillness

I should have been doing the housework as soon as I got home from work today. But hey, I had to wait for the water to get hot to wash the floors, and I'd done the dusting last night. So after loading a wash into the washing machine I sat on the floor in the back porch trying to get a picture of a bluetit. No such luck...just these robins. You can see I haven't swept the patio yet!
For technical interest, the focal length was 300mm, which on my FourThirds camera equates to 600mm on a 35mm camera. The shutter speed was 1/60 second (handheld), at f5.6.

I hate that mahonia. It's in the neighbour's garden. It drops nasty spiky leaves into our garden (I go barefoot a lot). It litters the patio with flowers which get tracked into the house. It litters the patio with berries which get tracked into the house. But it's a haven for birds, and sometimes the starlings come and strip all the berries before too many of them end up on my floor. For the fact that the birds love it, I can forgive a lot.

No comments: